The Parco Galileo project developed from a partnership between a few local cooperatives and organisations active in the Casatenovo area and a Fondazione Cariplo call for tenders dedicated to “Resilient communities”. With the allocated resources, a vegetable and a social garden were started. The project’s main aim was to increase the chances for local people to meet and for organisations to cooperate through horticulture and develop a lifestyle as close to nature as possible.
Schools, organisations, families, migrants and other local area initiatives are involved in the project and benefit from a meeting place, and the opportunity to enjoy, get to know and protect nature – all while growing food.
SIMBIO contributes to the Park sustainability by offering everyone the chance to protect an area of the vegetable garden through its natural areas’ protection system.
To support Parco Galileo and help it preserve nature you can:
- protect an area of the vegetable garden through the protection platform;
- participate to the gardening activities at the vegetable garden;
- take part in the initiatives and events organised at Parco Galileo;
- donate your 0.5 per cent of your tax to our activities. Tax code: 94033350136 – SIMBIO ONLUS.
- Per partecipare alle attività di orticoltura scrivi a firstname.lastname@example.org
To garden with us, email parcogalileo@SIMBIO.life